Benefits of having Portuguese residency : Visa-free travel within Europe’s Schengen Area as well as eligibility to apply for citizenship after five years as a legal resident while keeping other citizenship. The country is home to excellent international and Portuguese schools and universities. Moreover, there are international quality health care clinics and hospitals, a high quality of life and low crime rate.
Capital : Lisbon
Total area (km2) : 92,212 km2
Population : 10,276,617 as of 2018
First language (s) : Portuguese
Currency (to USD) : Euro (EUR) – 1 EUR = 1.12 USD
GDP (Nominal) (USD): $243.229 billion, $23,731 per capita
Industries : Services, industry, agriculture
Universities : University of Porto (301), University of Lisbon (305), Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (361), University of Coimbra (401-410), Universidade Catolica Portuguesa (651-700)
Government type : Semi-presidential representative democratic republic
Demographic Features :
Weather (monthly average graph):
MEDICAL SYSTEM: Portugal has a trustworthy public healthcare system. The Euro Health Consumer Index ranked Portuguese healthcare as the 13th best in Europe in 2018. With an advanced public and private healthcare system, Portugal is equipped to treat individuals to the best of their abilities.
Requirement of Residency
- PERSONAL NET WORTH: 0
- CONTRIBUTION AMOUNT
- minimum 500,000 EUR in real estate, or
- minimum 350,000 EUR purchase in real estate for properties of more than 30 years old, or
- A 20% reduction in the above options for the purchase of properties in low density population areas, or
- minimum 350,000 EUR investment in research activities, or
- minimum 250,000 EUR investment in the arts or the reconstruction or refurbishment of national heritage projects, or
- 500,000 EUR investment in shares in investment funds or venture capital, or
- 1,000,000 EUR transfer of capital.
- Must create 10 jobs minimum.
- ASSET(S): Real estate or capital investment
- INVESTMENT GUARANTEES: No
- FINANCING OPTIONS: No
- GOVERNMENT FEES:
- 782.00 EUR process analysis fees for the main applicant and up to 3 dependents.
- 5,324.4 EUR residence permit processing fees per person.
- 300.00 EUR fiscal number and fiscal representative fees per application, per year.
- TIME TO RESIDENCE: 5 years
- INTERVIEW REQUIRED: Yes
- REQUIRED PHYSICAL RESIDENCE: 2 weeks/ 2 years
- TIME TO CITIZENSHIP: 10 years
- VISA-FREE TRAVEL: 170
- COUNTRIES BANNED: Iran